Monday 30 March 2015

Project Cambridge


Hey there!

So I have moved to Cambridge, have you ever been? Cambridge itself is amazing: The most receptive place I have ever worked, its full of healthy inquisitive minds and just a general atmosphere of open mindedness that I haven't seen anywhere else. I am loving it so far.

My new Companion is a good man - Elder Whitby. We were in the same MTC district 18 
months ago and now we are serving together! He is from Kentucky and has now lost most of his a
​ccent, it rears its ugly head now and again and it flippin' kills me. He told me that his household is home to 12 shotguns, 14 rifles and 'only' 9 hand guns his parents produce their own bullets. So if youre wondering whether I will be visiting him after my mission, the answer is yes, undoubtedly yes. 

So, the move from Watford was the right thing. The last month in Watford was one of the hardest of my mission, but I definitely learnt more lessons than any other. The biggest lesson learnt falls under the umbrella of gratitude and specifically this - If you are not grateful for the blessings you currently have, why would the Lord see fit to bless you with more?  - I was expecting blessings whilst neglecting appreciate the ones I had already received. I decided to make a real effort at being more grateful. This came mostly through prayer. Since I have begun focusing the majority of my prayer on giving thanks, I have felt a massive increase in the Spirit I feel whilst I pray, I have felt happier, My faith has increased, My relationship with God is stronger and my missionary work has become more sincere. I am so grateful for my time in Watford, for the members, the people I taught but mostly for the lessons the Lord helped me to learn. These lessons will affect me for the rest of my life. As President Uchtdorf says 'Could I suggest that we see gratitude as a disposition, a way of life that stands independent of our current situation? In other words, I’m suggesting that instead of being thankful for things, we focus on being thankful inour circumstances—whatever they may be.' Amen brother. 

The Cambridge zone is only made up of 7 companionship's - Watford had 13, so I feel like a district leader again. Its great though and I am really excited for the transfer.We have a zone Goal of 6 baptisms and we are very much focused on hitting it! We are working with so many great people throughout the zone and in our area. We are teaching a young student from Kuwait and she is progressing really well. We are helping her to understand how to receive answers from God - there is a little language barrier but we have some great ideas on what to do. After speaking with a member, it became clear that the Ward itself is in need of new families, so our prayers and finding efforts are very much focused on achieving that. I feel like the best missionary I have ever been and just want to sink my teeth deep into this great city. 

I am a very happy missionary right now. I feel blessed and grateful to be serving in this zone. I sent a message to President the other day thanking him for always sending me to the right place. I don't know how he gets it right every time but he does. 'Well, the Holy Ghost does and He is with Him' 

I love you all,

Hugs and Handshakes


Elder Nolan

This is me and the Zucca family, they are from Chile and are some of my favorites!






                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...