Thursday 9 October 2014

Bye Bye Norfolk...

Taco bell on the air base today, So good and so cheap!










 
Mitchell, Mother Jacobsmeyer, Me





American Dr Pepper is the BOMB!



 This is a photo no one ever takes, Sister Jordan organising the Elders for a zone photo!






 














Bye Bye Norwich Zone








   
   Me and Neil, took this after he showed  us his new Porsche Cayenne - he is a student!




We're so busy, we wash our car at night whilst waiting for a kebab!






Me, Buddy and Johnson, the three musketeers are taking a breather for now!



Hey Everyone! 

The time has come again to pack my things and prepare myself for a new adventure in the England London Mission. Although I'm sad to leave people behind and be split from Elder Johnson, I know my time has come to leave and I am really excited for my new area. I am going to the Watford zone and my new companion will be Elder Hutchins. He was also born in London North and he has been out 18 months. He is a great zone leader and I am looking forward to learning from him. 

I have loved my time in Norwich, I have learnt so many things whilst being here and developed my skills as a missionary. Last week, me and Elder Johnson taught a lesson to our friend called Andy and I feel like it was my finest hour of teaching from my whole mission (Because I wasn't trying to be the teacher). These past few months I have learnt the importance of helping someone conclude things for themselves, I've learnt that questions are the arrows to a missionaries bow and ultimately for conversion to occur we must have absolute faith in the mission of the Holy Ghost. He is the teacher. 

I read a book last week called 'The power of everyday missionaries' by Clayton M. Christensen. It is not in the missionary library, it is a book designed for members to read and it is a truly wonderful book. It has helped me to understand how members feel about missionary work, the things which everyone finds difficult and the way in which we overcome these obstacles in bringing souls unto Christ. If you're reading this and thinking, maybe I should read this book - read it. If you're reading this and thinking 'not another missionary 'how to' manual' - read it. I can promise you that you will enjoy it and feel a little more confident in sharing the Gospel, it helped me a lot.

General Conference was magnificent wasn't it? I loved it. I always feel so uplifted and hopeful after hearing prophets and apostles speak. The saddest moment of conference was when I realised I only had one left on my mission. Listening to conference on my mission is where I have learnt the principle of having ears to hear. 

So, the next time I write I'll have much more time hopefully and will be able to fill you in a bit better on what is happening. I want you to know that I am happy, I feel the spirit everyday and there is nowhere in the world I would rather be than serving in the England London Mission. 

I love you all,

Hugs and Handshakes

Elder Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...