Monday 1 September 2014

Alma 26:12

Johnson, Buddy, Me

Sister Craske, Johnson, Me, Benjamin, Rhiannon


Hey everyone!

How are you all?

Buddy was baptised this sunday! The Zone exceeded the goal, 7/6 and so did the Mission 56/50 WOOOOOOO! The missionaries are on top of the world right now,I have to share with you what President Jordan said as I can't say it better myself 

Sisters and Elders,

Last night I received reports from the zone leaders detailing the baptisms that took place this past weekend. Nineteen wonderful individuals entered into the waters of baptism. That brought the total during the month of August to 56! In our last mission-wide conference call, we united behind a goal of 50 baptisms for the month. You have met and exceeded your goal, and I am very proud of you all. Even if you did not personally have a baptism in August, you were an important part of this achievement. Your prayers, your fasting, and your spirit of unity were essential to what we accomplished as a Mission. When we fall short, we share the disappointment, and when we succeed, we do it together. As the Apostle Paul taught, comparing the oneness of the body to the unity of the saints, "And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it." (1 Cor. 12:26).

On the occasion of the October 1840 General Conference, the Prophet Joseph praised the saints for the way they were working and sacrificing together to build the Nauvoo temple. He quoted from the 133rd Psalm: "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" and then added, "Unity is power."  In December of that same year, Joseph wrote a letter to the missionaries who were then serving in England: "The work in which we are unitedly engaged is one of no ordinary kind. The enemies we have to contend against are subtle and well skilled in maneuvering; it behooves us to be on the alert to concentrate our energies, and that the best feelings should exist in our midst; and then, by the help of the Almighty, we shall go on from victory to victory, and from conquest to conquest." That counsel to be unified is as applicable to us today as it was 174 years ago.

Tonight we will participate in another all-mission conference call. We will have the opportunity to talk about what we have accomplished and what we plan for the future. We will humbly give thanks to the Lord for all we have received, and we will pray for His continued blessings upon our work. I hope our spirits will be like the spirit of Ammon when he said to Aaron and his brethren:

11  But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.

12  Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

13  Behold, how many thousands of our brethren has he loosed from the pains of hell; and they are brought to sing redeeming love, and this because of the power of his word which is in us, therefore have we not great reason to rejoice? (Alma 26:11-13).

We are witnesses to the Lord's hastening of His work. More than witnesses, we are privileged to be fellow labourers in the Lord's vineyard at a very special season of the work. Joseph Smith said, "Let the Saints remember that great things depend on their individual exertion, and that they are called to be co-workers with us and the Holy Spirit in accomplishing the great work of the last days." We have been blessed to all be part of a great achievement in August. There remains much for us yet to do. United is the only way to do it. As Joseph urged, "A long pull, a strong pull, and a pull all together."

We love you.

President and Sister Jordan

Amen to that. It's just wonderful. 

Thankyou for all your prayers,

I love you all,

Hugs and Handshakes

Elder Nolan
                                                                                                                                                                                                 'Buddy'......



                                                      Elder Johnson, Nolan and Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...