Monday 5 May 2014

Update May 5th 2013

Hey Great week down in Maldon! We have a huge teaching pool right now and we are putting people on date for baptism! Woooo! We have been blessed so abundantly with people to teach, people at church and working with the members! I'm so happy about the progress we have made in the ward and also in the district, We are all seeing miracles and I have actually felt happier for the other missionaries successes than I have for ours!

 So last week we had an MLC (missionary leadership council) meeting in Hyde Park and the district leaders were invited. We set off at 6.45 and it took me 3 and a half hours to get to the chapel! We left the mission at one point too get through London. (London South just feels different) So we got to the meeting and we find that Area President Jose A. Texiera is there with his wife. Gulp. The meeting begins and he ministers unto us by the Spirit. It was so strong. He had said he had not prepared anything specifically for us today but he taught about what he felt he needed to and he talked about accountability. I had just given a training in district meeting on this and thought I was swatted up on it, but obviously I still had a few things to learn. PMG states that 'accountability is fundamental to Gods plan of salvation' therefore, no accountability means no plan. He then taught us what it means to be accountable. I had previously thought that accountability meant that this is where we are on our own, to prove what we can do in a sense. Elder Texiera taught us that when we become accountable we become humble and we become united with the Lord in our endeavours. When we become truly accountable we become subject unto our Heavenly Fathers guidance and we are able to cast off fear and doubt. Needless to say, this was honey on my lips. It is such a comforting and liberating principle for us to understand. When we are in the service of the Lord we are never on our own. Lunch then came around and I was was tucking in to my subway I felt a hand on my shoulder and I heard 'Eat up Elder and ome with me'. President Jordan is the only person who consistently strikes the fear of God into me. So me and Elder Adriano accompanied President upstairs and he then introduced us to Elder Texiera and his Wife. We were going to be interviewed... on camera! Ha It was such a cool experience. He is handy with a camera aswell. He wife was the sound technician. It was all slightly surreal. There was a wonderful spirit there though as he asked us about our missions, the meeting and what we would say to our district right now. We then had a photo together, it was taking him a while to set it up to which he said 'Elders, when you are sending a photo to church news, it has to be good' haha so look out for it! Since that meeting we have been anxious to help our investigators become accountable and we are doing this through baptismal dates. We have been blessed for our efforts aswell, and we have people on date! We have also been blessed for our dilligence.

Yesterday we went back with a family from church for dinner. We got there and found that we would be having a bbq, we know how long bbq's take to prepare so instead of waiting we left the dinner party to go and work for an hour and a half. We came back and had some proper tasty food and then the father of the fanily we have been trying to get hold of called us and asked if we were coming round to day! Wooo! Brother watling gave us a lift to Mani's house and we met with his family. We talked about their hindu background and there budding faith in Jesus Christ. We taught them the restoration of the Gospel and at the end we extended baptism to them, the Spirit was powerful and both Mani (father) and Kavidha (mother) said at the same time 'Yes, of course'! WOW! Such a blessing. We got the family we have been praying for and we are so humbled by the experience. We told bro watling over the phone what had happened and he said 'Blessings for dilligence'. It's true. I know that the lord is eager to bless, we just have to be willing to show how much we want those blessings and do what we have been called to do! Me and Elder Martin are having a wonderful time. I feel really blessed to have him as a companion and I know we will continue to see miracles together.

 11But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.'

 I love you all, Hugs and Handshakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...