Tuesday 29 July 2014

28th July 2014 Update

MTC Group reunion at zone conference

Me maricel and elder Johnson!

New suit from matalan, 32 quid! hence the smile


Fufu at the simbis! 

Maricel and the Carters, we taught her in their home all the time. 
They fed us so much Filipino food!
Yes, maricel is pregnant. Heavily.

Elder Nolan, Elder Craske and Elder David

We got a flat tyre!

New district leader Elder Mortensen got hold of my camera during the baptism, irreverent!

Hey!

How are you?

We have had a great week; Maricel was baptised and confirmed! The service was lovely and the talks given invited such a wonderful feeling of the Spirit in the room. Everyone was crying! We had 10 investigators there! J it was just as well as Filipinos really do know how party, there was so much food after!
We also had the baptism of Joel, the son of a member who we have been teaching. His grandfather flew over rom America to baptise him and ordain his brother to the Aaronic priesthood. It was great.

We sang at both baptisms and then sang an accapella musical item at the north Norfolk branch on Sunday afternoon. I love going to this branch, they hold it in their living room and about 8 people come who can't travel all the way to the chapel. We get to take the sacrament twice which is always fun! It was probably one of my favourite Sundays on my mission, it was such a joyous day and at times it felt like I was going to burst or pass out like Alma. These are 'the good old days'.

Me and Elder Johnson have had some experiences this week where for the first time I have actually felt like a zone leader, where I have felt that what we were doing was really having a positive effect on the missionaries around us. We love the missionaries in our zone and we just want them to reach their potential as a missionary and even more so as a child of God. So many great things are happening. I can feel the Lord guiding and pressing us to push this zone so that he can then bless it the way he wants to.

I am really loving my time in Norwich.

I love you all,

Hugs and Handshakes,

Elder Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...